Hair thinning can be a significant concern for many men and women. Certain medical conditions like thyroid problems, alopecia areata, and hormonal imbalances can cause hair thinning. (Source: NCBI) There are a few things that you can do to help combat hair fall and hair thinning.
Here are nine things to prevent hair thinning and accelerate new hair growth.
- Change Your Diet:The first and the most crucial aspect is your diet. Your hair consists of protein, and you should include more protein in your diet if you want to prevent hair thinning. If you’re not getting enough protein in your diet, start eating lean meats such as chicken. Stay away from junk food as much as possible as it can lead to a hormonal imbalance that triggers early hair loss or balding. Consult a nutritionist to create a balanced diet plan that includes plenty of protein-rich foods.
- Get Enough Sleep:Lack of sleep is another reason for rapid hair loss. Sometimes, a lack of sleep may also cause hormonal imbalances, leading to increased production of male hormones inside the body, making existing hair fall off. To make sure you get enough deep sleep, create a regular sleeping pattern for yourself by going to bed at the same time every night.
- Reduce Stress: High-stress levels are another reason behind hair loss in many people. When you are under high levels of stress, there are increased cortisol levels inside the body, leading to insulin resistance and activating enzymes that can cause hair loss. If you experience frequent headaches or migraines, it could be due to your hectic work schedule. Cut down on things that lead to stress as much as possible.
- Consume More Iron:Lack of iron is another reason that leads to thinning of hair in women and men. You can get iron from many different types of food like red meat, poultry, eggs, spinach, and more. Check with your doctor and ask for a blood test to determine if you’re anaemic or not.
- Use the Right Products:Using the right shampoo and conditioner is very important. Their ingredients can lead to hair thinning or balding for many people. Use natural shampoos and conditioners that don’t contain sulphates, parabens, phthalates, petrochemicals, artificial colours, and fragrances. Avoid using shampoo more than twice a week as it can make your scalp very dry, leading to further breakage or hair thinning. Condition your hair twice after you wash it with shampoo instead of just once to help fight against hair thinning.
- Massage Your Scalp: Massaging your scalp is another way to stimulate hair growth and prevent hair thinning. When you massage your scalp, it increases blood circulation, delivering vital nutrients and oxygen to the hair follicles. It helps remove any built-up oils or product residue that can clog up the follicles and lead to hair loss. Massage your scalp for 5-10 minutes every day using your fingertips in a circular motion.
- Take Vitamins: Taking vitamins is another way to help promote healthy hair growth. Many different vitamins benefit hair health, like vitamin A, C, D, E, Biotin, and more. You can find these vitamins in many kinds of food, or you can take a daily multivitamin.
- Consult a homeopathic doctor for hair fall treatment: Homeopathic treatment has a holistic approach that treats many causes of hair loss, including stress, diet, and hormonal imbalance. Homeopathic remedies are made from natural ingredients. Thus, these come with zero side-effects. If you experience frequent hair loss, consult a homeopathic doctor for personalized treatment. Homeopathic treatment for hair fall treats the root cause of the problem and can help promote healthy hair growth.
- Try Dr Batra’s®New Hair treatment for hair thinning: Dr Batra’s® New Hair treatment is a scientific, bio-engineered and FDA-approved product that helps treat hair fall. It is made from all-natural ingredients and contains plant-derived polypeptides, copper tripeptide, Thymisine. These ingredients help stop hair from shedding, promote healthy hair growth, and make them thicker, fuller, and shinier.
If you experience hair loss or thinning, you must consult a homeopathic doctor as soon as possible for the best results. For more details about Dr Batra’s® New Hair treatment, please visit your nearest hair clinic now!